Feb 11, 2013

"Storyboards Motion in Art"

In Chapter 3, "What It Takes to Be a Storyboard Artist" a few things stuck out to me:

1. Properly and quickly sketch perspective
2. Be able to draw anything from any angle
3. You must be able to complete at least 20 finished panels per day (on the conservative side)

Reflecting on daily practicing and making a habit for myself in this area, I realized it's much better to have a concrete, focused goal, rather than an overall general one. The follow-up question is inevitably, how to I make sure I master being able to sketch perspectives accurately? How would I be able to draw anything from any angle?

On Practicing perspectives (from 2010):






Are they translating through to my boards?






Popular Posts

Ⓒ Josephine Tsay 2013


* If you like what you see, please contact me. Do not reproduce without expressed written consent